[Public-List] Whitby Shop Made Through Hulls

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Apr 13 05:58:10 PDT 2009

The easiest way to tell is from the outside.  The through-hull's exterior
flange should be milled from the same bronze as the shank.  If you can see
that the shank is a separate component, you must replace the fitting.

Gord SURPRISE

On 4/13/09 8:46 AM, "crufone at comcast.net" <crufone at comcast.net> wrote

Hello,

How easy is it to distunguish these through hulls from the normal
> cast bronze variety?  My boat is a 1966 model. Which through hulls are likely
> to be suspect?  Even though none of them are leaking, I was thinking of
> removing the through hulls and just rebedding them.  Mine is a fresh water
> boat so I expected this to be a good way to proceed.  My original gate valves
> all work fine, don't leak and none are frozen with corrosion. After rebedding
> the through hulls I was planning on inspecting and perhaps repacking the gate
> valve stems and refitting them back in place.

Hummmmmmmmmm  should I be
> thinking differently?

Michael

These businesses support your