[Public-List] Main Halyard Sheave

laserandy at aol.com laserandy at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 12:10:53 PDT 2009

Ed,

Speaking from experience, if you leave the old sheave up there long enough,
the halyard will jump and you will be stuck with a halyard jammed half way up the mast
(or higher if you're unlucky).

The group buy was done through Ed Louchard of Zephyr Werks in the Pacific Northwest.

I don't have his email handy, but his website is: http://www.zephyrwerks.com/

The price was in the $60 or so range, the sheaves were milled to be a direct replacement
for the phenolic sheave, except for a wider 'V' in order to take either wire
or rope, I use rope and it works great.  Wire would seem to be just as good.  I understand
he either has a couple made up to our specs, or has the specs ready to mill a sheave
to our specs upon request.

Andrew
Andante - 152