[Public-List] Paint over epoxy or wood glue?

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 25 08:02:15 PDT 2009

Hope you all are out sailing today.

I am trying to nurse a couple more seasons out of my dingy oars.  These are
the standard wooden oars sold everywhere.  They started delaminating and
were re-glued by a previous owner with what looks like carpenters glue
(Tite-Bond or similar).  That glue held but they original bonds came apart
some more so I glued it again with epoxy glue.  Now I want to paint them
(too ugly for varnish).  They are stored outside, usually under teh dingy on
teh rack but they often get moved out into the open.  Can I use latex paint
or do I need to go with an oil-based paint?  Also, why are the grips left
natural on oars?

Thanks.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child