[Public-List] Boothbay 8/13

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 13 17:54:56 PDT 2009

Since leaving Blue Hill, where we had a wonderful visit, thank you Betty, we moved to Northeast Harbor, Mt. Desert Island.  We used the free bus service to visit Bar Harbor and the Acadia National Forrest.  We then proceded to Buck's Harbor, on the eastern end of Eggamoggin Reach.  This is a quiet town and very picturesque harbor, however the general store has stopped serving breakfast.  At Buck's Harbor the hot water heater sprung a leak.  Had to isolate it so we at east had water.  A call to Hamilton Marine showed they had one in stock, so I had them hold it.  We moved on to Camden where we met with Mike and Trish.  They took me to get the new heater, then we spent a good evening with them and their relatives.  The next day I sent Sandy ashore and replaced the heater.  From Camden we traveled to Port Clyde and now back in Boothbay.  We have turned around and are heading home.

Saw a sign here in Boothbay defining cruising  as "Repairing a boat in exotic places".

S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall