[Public-List] Engine change on 'Beowulf' #488

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Thu Dec 17 20:23:31 PST 2009

I'm 64 this month and did most of the work myself. Had some help getting the
old engine out and the new one down into the cabin sole. After that using
the 4x4 and the chain lift allowed me to move the engine back and forth,
onto and off the mounts as needed without help. Which was good as there
isn't that much room down there....LOL.

Once you've got the old one out of the cabin, then getting it up and off the
boat is where help is needed as with getting the new one back down into the
cabin.

And yes, the Albergs are very stout. They weren't chintzy on using
fiberglass back then.

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
TLCB Webmaster