[Public-List] Class Rule 20

laserandy at aol.com laserandy at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 09:17:02 PST 2009

I would like a ruling on whether Andante complies with the spirit of Class Rule 20.?

We generally carry a full tank of fuel (marital bliss requires that we are always able to get home under power).? We generally carry substantial stores of barley based fluids for nourishment.? Sometimes our water tank is not full, but we compensate by carrying all of our sails, mask and fins, children's life jackets, 200' of anchor line and some chain, awning accessories, flag and flagpole, and an assortment of kites in the forecastle.? Although our galley stove does not presently work, we do carry pots and pans in the event that it spontaneously comes back to life.?

We do not carry canned goods or non-liquid-barley-based food on day races, other than what we intend to consume that day.? We do not carry sheets, although we do carry towels.? We do not carry changes of clothes, although we do carry foul weather gear.?

I feel this is cruising trim, it certainly works for us on weekends, but if we're out of compliance I feel I need to know.

Andrew