[Public-List] old photos

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Feb 22 08:30:36 PST 2009

    This may be OT and a long shot, but worth the time, I think. I just
self-published a book on the history of Moore's Creek, off the
Piankatank River (where I live), from 1608 (John Smith's travels) to
2008, with old maps, old survey documents, an air photo from 1937, etc.
A publisher has seen a copy and asked me to do a larger book on the
history of the village of Deltaville. He wants 180 old photos, which
will be hard for me to come up with.

    Does anyone on this list by any chance have, or know of,  any photos
of Deltaville, Broad Creek on the Rappahannock, Fishing Bay, Jackson
Creek, Stingray Point, etc. including steamboat piers, old hotels,
deadrise boats, etc. etc.?

    I can scan photos at home on my scanner. No need to send them to the
publisher. I will fully credit in the book anyone who can loan me photos.

(I have written seven books, mostly on the history of American auto
racing, 1895-1965, that have been commercially published and have sold
about 30,000 copies, so I do know what I am doing and am a serious
researcher  and author.)

Gordon White, Brigadoon II
804-776-7947
po box 129, Hardyville, VA 23070