[Public-List] Shore Power, revisited

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Tue Feb 10 05:03:21 PST 2009

This is what I planned to do for the largest holes in my planned
instrument panel:
Make template "positive" circles from cardboard, match center to center
of hole and draw.
Drill hole for jigsaw blade.
Rough-cut within 1/4 in with jigsaw.
Remove remainder with grinder (I have a high-speed hand-held grinder
that cuts glass almost too quickly, but a hand drill  with a grinding
bit would work too).

For your application, make a "negative" cardboard circle template
instead and center it by eye.
If you want a little more precision make a 2 1/4 in positive template
and a 2.8 in positive template, stack them with centers aligned, instert
into hole and draw the circle.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272