[Public-List] feels like spring....

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 14:19:42 PST 2009

Just splashed Beowulf after doing her bottom and having her sides buffed and
waxed. At present I have her combing boards at home being stripped at
refinished in Cetol Marine Natural Teak. After they are done, it's on to her
toe rails and taffrail.

As the new owner, I'm prepping her for both our maiden voyages to the
Bahamas scheduled for mid-March. Oil and water changed on the Vetus 10
horse, rebuilt lift pump and raw water pump. Lot of work left to do, and of
course she needs to sail now and again! Will be out this weekend on the
Banana River for the Manatee Cove Marina (Patrick Air Force Base Yacht
Club), monthly beer can race.

I have already been tasked by our esteemed Commodore, Mike Meinhold, to
write some dispatches about the cruise for the Mainsheet. Since this will be
my first offshore cruise, hopefully I'll return unscathed to report on
it...LOL.

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway.
S/V Beowulf #488