[Public-List] Mast Heads for the Alberg

Rick Leach rixquik at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 12:16:31 PST 2009

Mike,

I believe you have both options.  On mine, there a total of four sheaves, two forward and two aft.  Below each, there are apertures in the cap plate that I believe would allow the halyards to be led down the inside of the mast.  Alternatively, each of the port and stbd pairs are in line with each other, allowing a halyard to be led across them both (as you describe in your note below) to have two halyards running external to the mast.  I'll try to find some photos that show this in detail.

Rick Leach
Sugar Magnolia #121

I was confused too!! I thought I was getting 4 internal halyards. I
guess each halyard is carried on a forward sheave and aft sheave.

I am still in - but I need the Rules Committee's opinion too. Coming
soon!

Mike
Rinn Duin #272