[Public-List] Automatic Bilge Pump

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Jan 5 15:49:06 PST 2009

That's very interesting Andrew,

Switching the engine cooling intake to the bilge is one of the cards to play
in our emergency procedure list.  The way I would have done it is to shut
the sea cock and remove the hose.  I think a Y valve is much better.  It
would be quicker and perhaps most importantly, you could have a filter on
the end. That would prevent loose junk that might be in the bilge from
choking the impellor or jamming in the engine block.  Great advice, I am
going to do it.

Gord #426