[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1566, Issue 1

Stephen Gwyn gwyn at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jul 15 16:28:07 PDT 2009

Hi Greg,

I have a nesting dinghy. The bow section fits under the stern
section. It takes about five minutes to assemble. (Five very
annoying minutes, mind you). But it fits in front of the mast
with enough space left over to work on anchoring and jib changes
and so on.

Here are some pics:
on deck from behind:
http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/pers/sailing2008/big/mediumP1020689.JPG.html

Assembled on shore:
http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/pers/sailing2008/big/mediumP1020710.JPG.html
http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/pers/sailing2007/desolation/medium2007.desolation.3.01660004.JPG.html

On deck from the side:
http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/pers/sailing2008/big/mediumP1030200.JPG.html

Being assembled:
http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/pers/sailing2008/big/mediumP1030071.JPG.html

Stephen

Quasar

> I need to find a hard dink that I can store on board for longer
> passages. I'd like to avoid using an outboard. I don't want to
carry
> gas and I don't want to register it. (which nixes using a
trolling
> motor as well...)
> Davits would interfer with self steering gear.
> So what works?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Greg

  Stephen Gwyn                 |  Tel: 1-250-363-3136
  Dept. of Physics & Astronomy |  Fax: 1-250-363-0045
  Univ. of Victoria            |  Cell: 1-250-885-6969
  PO Box 3055                  |  E-mail: gwyn at uvastro.phys.uvic.ca
  Victoria, BC  V8W 3P6        |  http://orca.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn