[Public-List] Salem 7/20

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 20 18:05:44 PDT 2009

After a god weekend in Boston playing tourist we got underway this AM for Salem.  All weekend there were good SW winds, but today as we moved it was calm.  Spent this afternoon sightseeing Salem.  At one time it was the 6th largest city in the US with its prominence being shipping.  It is also the home of Nathanial Bowditch and of course the Witch Trials (yes I did take notes).  Tomorrow we head for Gloucester and then Maine.

S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

George C. Marshall