[Public-List] inner forestay attachment

RogerW rcsbiz08 at toadmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:53:08 PDT 2009

Hi Mike, I think in absence of real experience I would rig a fore&aft
cable or line from mast base to stemhead fitting, close to the deck.
Then run a snatch block with the tack of a proposed sail along that.
Attach control lines so as to be able to inch it fore and aft, like a
traveler. Maybe you could establish a reasonably good position that way.
Just don't pull too darn hard on the halyard, as this puts a tremendous
strain on the fore&aft line attachments if it is at all tight.
"Bowstring tight" might be too much, if that makes sense. Good luck, RW