[Public-List] Jib Halyard to which block on the mast top?

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 1 05:24:58 PDT 2009

Hi Jeff,

That's how I interpreted things when I first rigged our boat in 2007.  Although she came with a spinnaker, I haven't hoisted it (some of the rigging was missing) but it made sense to me that the lower block was for the jibs/genoa since that would give a fair lead for the halyard.  Also flying the spinnaker off the top block puts the sail outside the forestay.

Sounds like you are close to launch day.  Fair winds!

Cheers,

Hugh