[Public-List] Rigging the Asymetrical Spinnaker

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Mon Jun 1 13:54:48 PDT 2009

The cruising ASyms I have sailed went outside. To go inside with an asym
on the bow would be too tight. On the Melges 24 we do inside jibes as it
is cleaner, faster & more efficient in that boat but in big air the
best control is gained through an outside jibe. Also you are less likely
to get cloth tied up etc.
So go outside or figure out how to rig an
asym pole to the deck!
Consider extra length sheets to always go
outside. And be careful as you are likely to loose lines under the boat.
Keep everything well managed as you go around.
--
C.B.
Currier

laserandy at aol.com wrote:

> David,
>
> I think you'd be better off going outside since you don't have
the
> separation from the forestay
> that a bowsprit might
provide, however I have no experience flying an
> A-sail on an
A-30.

7

From:
"Dave Terrell" <DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu>

Subject: [Public-List] Rigging the assymetrical spinnaker
<public-list at alberg30.org>

> I am interested in ways
to rig the assymetrical spinnaker especially as it
> relates to
gybing  the sail "inside" or "outside". Any thoughts
on which
> type of
> gybe is better or more practical?
>>From what I have read, the lazy sheet goes either under or over
the tack
>> line -
> depending on which approach to
gybing you choose. Does this make sense?

> Any thoughts
would be much appreciated.

> david,432

> These businesses