[Public-List] sealing thru hulls

Michael dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jun 2 15:58:55 PDT 2009

> Michael.....could you tell me something about your "teardrop zinc". I
> was looking for some info a couple of weeks ago about zincs on the
> A30.
>
> Is this the zinc that attaches to the threads on the back of the prop
> ??  Where did you buy it ??...or did you have to buy something else
> and adapt it..??

Yes. My propeller nut has a reducer (or unreducer, actually) that goes
from the 5/8" shaft thread to a 7/8" thread. I periodically get to
Fawcett's in Annapolis and buy out their supply-they usually have a 1/2
dozen or so-and then trim off the end some to fit in front of the rudder.
It's about time for me make another run for some more-I'm down to two in
my supply.

MichaelGrosh