[Public-List] Wire reel winch - information needed

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Tue Jun 30 03:49:24 PDT 2009

My advice, take it off, polish it and put it on over the fireplace as a
mantle piece

Had one on Sunstone, brake slipped and broke my wife's glasses when reefing.
Lucky for her, it could have been much more serious. I have heard of jaws,
wrists etc broken when the clutch fails and the winch handle free spins.

Replace it with a regular winch, much safer.

Best

John