[Public-List] Tow line around mast

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Tue Jun 30 20:06:25 PDT 2009

Ed,

I too will chime in that I would never advise towing a boat such as the Alberg 30 with the tow line attached only to the mast base.  The difference between the Rhodes 19 and the Alberg 30 is immense in this respect.  Consider the mass difference and then add that one never knows if the tow operator knows how to do the towing properly.

Loosing two foredeck cleats and perhaps the chocks and bow pulpit is much preferred to loosing the entire rig. For this same reason do not allow the tow line(s) to encircle the forestay.

Michael #133