[Public-List] Public-List] used inflaitables

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 26 12:37:29 PDT 2009

Roger

Since I'm familiar with the 6HP I feel qualified to weigh in.  A 6 is generally to large for any of the soft floors, including slat types.  It is too light for making a RIB plane.  It is ideal for a HP Air Floor dinghy and would probably be OK on a wood/aluminum floor type.   From personal experience it will plane an Achilles HP Air Floor with 1 1/2 adults.  This means sometimes it would plane with two, but not all the time.  A RIB needs a 9.8 or more to plane.  Overpowering a soft floor can damage the dink due to stresses.

Hope this helps.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

There are many men of principle in both parties in America, but there is no party of principle.
Alexis de Tocqueville