[Public-List] Replacement Chain Plates

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 26 15:39:59 PDT 2009

To use one set as a pattern is a good idea... IF all boats are the same. So
the question I ask is, Is this necessarily so? I would hate to have some
made to the pattern and find that they don't fit.

As it is, since I am in Florida an my boat stays in the water year round
(and gets used year round), I would hate to have to take the mast down to
get all six chain plates off and then wait for the postal service to do its
thing....:)

So, bottom line, are all boats chain plates the same? As a new owner, I
haven't a clue. Hopefully some of you old heads will have the answer.

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
S/V Beowulf #488
TLCB Webmaster