[Public-List] Size of cockpit sole

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Mar 31 09:07:29 PDT 2009

Thanks Andy!

I am gathering courage to do a core repair on my cockpit sole.  Am
considering doing a Teak System lamination on top to finish the job.  If
that looks good I am considering doing the rest of the deck that way.

Cheers - Gord

PS worked on TOUCH WOOD on the weekend - first order of business is to
remove her garboard planks so as to be able to come at the notches in the
keel for the new ribs.  What a pleasure to find all the long-familiar
details of each plank...  What a horror to find that while the upper edge is
riveted and easy to release, the lower edge was nailed on with square iron
'dumps'.  Some of them had vanished into red dust, but most are still solid
and resisting.  Lay awake last night considering how to disturb them without
destroying the planks, which I intend to use as a pattern for the new ones.
Decided to carefully cut 'ramps' around each dump head with a small sharp
chisel then tap a very sharp crow in and pull... Might work...