[Public-List] Introduction from Tiana (#436)

Dennis K. Biby sailor at aweigh.com
Tue May 5 17:05:25 PDT 2009

Ahoy,

I've been lurking on the the list for three weeks, but only over the
past couple of days, have I begun work on Tiana (#436).  I appreciate
the wealth of information on the alberg30.org site and the willingness
of A-30 owners to share their experience.

After a careful inspection and input from the previous owner, I
purchased Tiana at White Rocks Marina (Chesapeake Bay) where she has
been on the hard for a couple of years.

So far, I've removed the Mansfield sewage system, galley sink and head
input thru-hulls (one was the pound-it-over-a-washer type), engine
intake thru-hull, head discharge gate valve, etc.

The A-4 is seized and I plan a couple more tricks before moving to Plan
B.

My previous boat was a Pearson 35, Sun Po, that I sailed and lived
aboard for 19 years.  I began on the Chesapeake, then sailed San
Francisco Bay and northern California before crossing to Hawaii.

Thanks,

Dennis