[Public-List] mast base location

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Wed May 6 08:20:27 PDT 2009

It is not only just about the mast over the beam but also about the
center of effort (COE) over the center of lateral resistance. If you
have more than about 4 degrees of weather helm, then you want the COE as
far forward as possible. If you have old or blown out sails, the COE
will have moved aft.
Don #528