[Public-List] outboards

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri May 8 10:38:47 PDT 2009

Hello gang -

Don is right about all that... And I would add that even with the hatch
open, the engine will not be getting enough clean air.  Nor will you!

I know a boat whose owner was driven to try fitting a blower to direct air
to the engine - that was moderately effective but they were still not
getting full power from the outboard, and the complexity of the jury rigs
that were accumulating to make the laz mounted OB work - and it still didn't
really work, made the whole thing dissapointing.