[Public-List] boat insurance

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Mon May 18 16:37:40 PDT 2009

I used to insure my boat through my homeowners policy, also, USAA. They'll
cover liability on the boat for the same amount as you have liability on
your home. However, I was looking into doing a little trip to Key West with
a stop at NAS Boca Chica. They require not only liability, but also
'wreckage removal'. Inquiries led me to find that 'wreckage removal' falls
under comprehensive and collision which are not covered by the homeowners
policy, so I had to get separate coverage through Progressive for
$396.00/yr, which includes liability, comprehensive and collision.

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
TLCB Webmaster
www.tlc-brotherhood.org