[Public-List] backer plate material

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Mon May 18 07:06:19 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

A neighbor has an electronic parts business and had his warehouse send me
some surplus Micarta (used for circuit boards) for me to use for backer
plates.  It is red (I guess color indicates the material laminated inside)
and can be worked like hardwood but the dust is supposed to be pretty
harmful.  I wish I had the stuff sooner because I originally bought my own
and it is quite expensive.  I have used it under stanchions, winches &
cleats.

Although I only needed a few pieces, they sent me their entire stock of
about 20 sheets w/ the smallest being approx 6"x14".  If anybody needs some
please let me know.  Perhaps it would be good to have on hand for the annual
maintenance get togethers?

Roger 148

Roger Kingsland, Managing Partner
Kingsland Scott Bauer Associates

KSBA

Architects/Planners/InteriorDesigners/ProjectManagers

3441 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
N 40° 27.8344'  W79° 57.9831'

412-252-1500 ext.101