[Public-List] Atomic 4 engine panel for 1966 boat

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Thu May 21 20:31:46 PDT 2009

I was hunting for a new panel a couple of months ago.  A nearby
lightning strike (last year) caused a flying object to smash and dent
my original panel.

Mine was the one that's about 5" tall and 7" wide, kind of a teal green
face, with a square tach and four other gauges.  All mechanical (except
the charging meter, of course).

I found one slightly ratty same panel on eBay, but no others.  So I
took mine out and straightened it as well as I could and put new glass
(plexi) in the frame.  However, the ammeter still didn't work (it took
the brunt of the smash).

Then an acquaintance offered to send me an older Westerbeke panel.
Turns out it was the exact same panel (right down to the deco-style
chromed trim around the outside), with two minor differences:  1) The
face plate was silver; and 2) the take off for the tach went straight
out instead of at 90º.

I mention this because these panels may be easier to find.

Rachel