[Public-List] Loose-footed mainsail

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 17 08:38:06 PST 2009

The "Emotional Rescue #303, has a sliding track on the mast for the the gooseneck and a boom with the usual groove for the mainsail foot bolt rope. We are ordering a new mainsail and all of the sailmakers interviewed are proposing a loose-footed mainsail and a cunningham.

Has anybodies Alberg 30 got a loose-footed mainsail and, if so, are you satisfied? Do you tighten the outhaul from the aft end of the boom or have you rigged a system to tighten the sail from the mast end?

With a sliding track on the mast for the gooseneck, with a downhaul, I see no use for a cunningham, especially since we don't race. Does anybody have a different opinion?

Thanks, Ed Schroeder