[Public-List] Monel Repair

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 19:30:12 PST 2009

We've had very good results using West Systems G-Flex epoxy on non ferrous metal tank repairs.
Particularity when using it to bond a patch over the leak.
>From Wests Site: With a modulus of elasticity of 150,000 PSI, it is a bit more flexible
than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive
sealants. This gives G/flex the ability to make structural bonds that
can absorb the stress of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
It is ideal for bonding dissimilar materials.

Cheers, Don  #473

Does anyone know if there is an expoxy,like Marine Tex, or any other
compound that will make a satisfactory repair to a leaking monel water
tank

Pete ex Tait Tait #478