[Public-List] Turnbuckles

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Sun Nov 29 15:45:15 PST 2009

I have been talking to the folks at sailing services http://www.sailingservices.com/catalog_online.htm. I used to work there and they will work with us on a deal.

Unfortunately I cannot identify these. The ones I have on the boat now are these kind with the T bolt end, and some of them are pretty rusty. Actually I have two kind of T bolt end fitting:

1. One has the threaded rod essentially threaded into it, and then welded;
2. The other has the threaded rod and the T portion as one casting - if that makes sense.

The ones that look pretty scary are the ones that are the rod threaded into the T.

I will check out Bacons as Mike suggested. However, if they are second hand...??

ALSO for others on the list, check out the extended / lengthened sta lok fittings in the Sailing Services catalog. These have been specifically made for folks that are cutting off old swages. They have an extended  stud, but to my surprise they also have an extended eye fitting. I plan on dealing with my lowers this way.I need to do the measurements firts to see if this will work.

Jonathan
197