[Public-List] Anchor roller and chock placement

gregr at nethere.com gregr at nethere.com
Sun Sep 20 22:14:42 PDT 2009

My fore deck is extremly asymetric. It has one chock to starboard and none
to port. A line led through the chock rubs against the vent cowl. it also
has an interesting anchor roller that is chrome plated bronze, about twenty
pounds, and can flip in board to rest on the deck. This all looks orignal.

First, is there a reason I shouldn't add some chocks just aft of the stem
plate? Virtually every boat in the marina has them there. Or should I move
the starboard one a little aft to clear the cowl and add a matching one to
port?

Second, does that anchor roller work well? It looks like a line would just
slip off...

Thanks,

Greg
s/v Sea Dance