[Public-List] Deck beam still a little flat.

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Mon Sep 21 06:22:53 PDT 2009

Greg,

Not sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph but RE the first,  I renovated
an historic, post and beam building that needed to be jacked up and
discovered old wood "petrifies" (gets hard and inflexible) and will not
immediately bend to the intended new shape when placed under different
need to place a point load in the middle and let the beam settle into the
new (original) curve over time.

Roger 148