[Public-List] Standing Rigging

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Fri Sep 25 09:53:28 PDT 2009

Listen to Gord.

I have replaced all my shrouds. The difference in cutting them too short is
an inch or so. No, I didn't cut them too short.

I bought the wire from Norsemen in Fla. Used Dyform 316 ( overkill and
harder than 302-304 SS ).

I used Norsemen terminals, Staloc are the same principle and equally good.
Make sure the cones are matched to the type of wire used.

A dremmel fiber reinforced cutoff disc will cut the wire just fine.

Tape the ends before you cut and remove the tape when done - prevents
splaying the wire during cutting.

One disc did all the wire on an A-37.

I prefer doing the work myself, after all, who is more motivated to get it
right - you or a rigger.

And I don't like swages

Hope this is a help

John