[Public-List] Fractional rig

Lawrence Morris morris.lc at verizon.net
Sun Sep 27 08:49:52 PDT 2009

Pete,

It does not sound like an original vanguard.  The original was a
masthead rig.  I am unsure of the dimensions but I am sure you can get
them off the web somewhere.  The vanguard is a sweet sailing boat and
I wouldn't change the rig at all.  The Designer puts a lot of thought
into rig placement, center of gravity and the size of the main and the
jib.  if you get any of these variables wrong you risk upsetting the
balance of the boat, which will be very dissatisfying to say the least.

My 2 cents

Larry