[Public-List] Radar - self levelling mast mount

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Apr 5 16:36:54 PDT 2010

Hi George

Suggest you put it about 1/3 distance below the spreaders. This will give
you a much better opening between the forestay and mast for tacking the
Genoa. And you are not really losing any meaningful range for the radar,
plus you are reducing the top-hamper of the weight aloft considerably.

It will be high enough so you don't bake your brains with the microwaves
either.

That is where Raytheon suggested I mount mine on my A-37 before I canned the
whole idea for a while anyway. (Money & power draw were the reasons.)

Just a suggestion anyway

Best

John