[Public-List] Radar - self levelling mast mount

salty at ns.sympatico.ca salty at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 6 09:01:44 PDT 2010

John:

Thanks.  I did a quick sketch, and at a 30 degree heel it looks like a unit
10 feet above deck would still clear a foot or so above the head of standing
crew on deck, assuming a 25 degree vertical beam.    Also, the distance
between the crew member on the higher side and the antenna would be greater
than what I understand is the minimal safe distance for short intervals.

This would probably be sufficient tolerance.

Other comments would be welcome.

George