[Public-List] Cockpit deck core job

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Wed Apr 7 15:56:47 PDT 2010

Gordon,

How nice to have THAT done, and thanks for the description.  I enjoy
reading about how others tackle projects, and I always seem to pick up
an idea or two.

I do have one question:  Did you tab the joint where you cut the
skin?  In other words, the "crack" between the square of old skin you
took off, and the surrounding old skin that stayed in place?  I
couldn't tell whether or not you did (but I think you would want to).
I think I read where you ground/dished out the edges on top, but not
where you laid fiberglass tape/epoxy over the join afterwards.

Isn't it amazing how just getting started on these jobs is half the
battle?

Rachel
ex-#221