[Public-List] China strikes the A30 - Valve Failure

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:36:09 PDT 2010

I sent the photo of my failed valve to groco and found out it is subject to recall. The shaft was made in China of something that resembles SS, but who knows what it is really made of.

Groco was very responsive, and told me they would replace it immediately at no charge. There is a service bulletin about these valves on their web site:

http://www.groco.net/

Click on Service Manual, then on the picture of the valves. There is a good desription of the problem and how to identify if you have any of these valves and the years of production.

Mike Lehman