[Public-List] Foredeck Issues

Brennan Carney brennan.carney at selu.edu
Sat Apr 3 19:37:41 PDT 2010

I'm finding a few issues with my deck. First, there is some give on the
foredeck. I'm wondering if this is common; is it just the fact that it is a
wide area of deck, unsupported above the vee birth? Do most other A30's have
a slight bit of deck flex here? I certainly wouldn't describe it as spongy
per say, but there is some flex. Also, around the chain plate areas, I've
noticed the afore mentioned flex and also a creaking sound which I speculate
to be the liner rubbing against the bulkheads. Could this just be a case of
a poorly fitting bulkhead? Would new ones remedy this problem? If it would
make any difference, I should mention that the rig is currently off and I
have not noticed these problems while it was on. How serious are these
issues?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brennan