[Public-List] Great Loop

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Fri Aug 6 09:00:02 PDT 2010

   Reading the story of Bob and Elane's Great Loop journey, I must have
missed the beginning, though I have Report # 1 in the July /Mainsheet. /
Are they in an Alberg? Clearly, I believe, the Alberg's mast will not
fit under bridges along the canals, so I suppose they had it taken down
and will put it back up before sailing in the open waters of the Great
Lakes?  A friend and I had planned to do the Great Loop in sections,
with various friends and relations getting on and off periodically, but,
regretfully, he died before plans could be completed. He was going to
buy a 30 foot power boat, just for the Loop trip.
 - Gordon White, /Brigadoon II/