[Public-List] tiller head fitting

Richard Mair ramair49 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 16:16:26 PDT 2010

I seem to remember some time ago someone on the list replaced the tiller
head fitting. it seems at the time that  it took  three tries before they
got one  that had the key-way lined up so the boat went straight when the
tiller was straight..
  I now need to replace the head on our tiller and a search only located the
Edson fittings..which look well made from the photos but will require re
drilling the tiller.Extra holes mean less strength.
 Has anyone replaced this fitting recently and what did they use. Was it
lined up when it  came..If anyone has a source I am all ears..
Thanks Richard Into The Blue 609