[Public-List] tiller head fitting

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 11 07:02:54 PDT 2010

Ed Schroeder, on Emotional Rescue #303, was the person who had to try 3 different Edson tiller/rudder post fittings. One thing I learned about the "U"-shaped stirrup from the tiller to the rudder post... Remove the stirrup from the tiller so that you can compress the long legs portion with a clamp, thus opening the shorter legs somewhat. Then you can insert more washers between the rudder post and the shorter legs of the stirrup. Once those washers and bolt are installed. Slip in the wood tiller with a little force and possibly, some slippery "googoo".

Ed Schroeder