[Public-List] Apres-#400 ice boxes

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Aug 30 09:29:59 PDT 2010

Hi Gord

I'm considering the same thing. I am going to go wild and use the Glacier
Bay Vacuum Panels, 25 yr warranty, R50 per inch as vacuum, R10 when the
vacuum eventually fails, and add to it 3 inches or so of Isocyanate R7.5 per
inch panels (sealing the edges to prevent moisture intrusion).

I'm looking at the Technautics mechanical drive with a possible hybrid to a
12 volt compressor for dockside and a 2 inch holding plate system.

Technautics is the only system that can use type 12 Freon ( found in most of
the world) and 134 refrigerant. Nobody else has that ability. Technautics
has the highest ranking by the 7 Seas Cruising Assoc.

My research to date - yes, it will be expensive - maybe the Super Max will
come in for me ; )

Best

John