[Public-List] Original swageless fittings?

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Tue Aug 31 07:51:36 PDT 2010

I would like to get opinions on the need to replace old fittings vs. the
wire also.  This thread focuses on connections which leads me to think if
the wire is in good shape (no loose strands) just replacing the fittings
will suffice.  Is this the case or is there an age threshold (my standing
rigging is probably 17+ years old but hasn't been used for 10) where it is
best to replace the whole kit and kabutal(sp?)?

Thanks,

Roger 148