[Public-List] upgrading roller furling

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Mon Aug 16 13:35:15 PDT 2010

>From the orginal A30 Sail Plan, J = 10 feet 5 inches,
Hoist of the regulation #1 is 34' 0 "
Max hoist 36' 0"

Mike
Rinn Duin #272

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org] On Behalf Of John Scott
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 3:57 PM
To: public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Cc: John Scott
Subject: [Public-List] upgrading roller furling

Hello All.

I'm looking at upgrading my roller furling system on Wooshkeetaan.
I'm thinking about installing either a Harken "Unit 1 Cruising Furling
System" or the Facnor LS 130 Jib Furler .  Has anyone had experience
with either of these systems (I'd appreciate comments, if so) and can
anyone confirm the relevant "factory" specifications of our boats?
Specifically:  I'm looking for certain dimensions:  The "I" dimension,
which is the length of the vertical line measured from the maximum
hoisting point of the Genoa all the way down to the lowest point of the
deck (Mauri Pro has it listed as 36 ft.).  I am also looking for the
"J", which is the base of the foretriangle measured along the deck from
the headstay pin to the front of the mast (Mauri Pro has it listed as
10.5 ft.).  Finally, I'm looking for the headstay diameter and clevis
pin size.

Thanks, in advance.  I'm assuming my rig is stock, which I can verify at
a later point, but I'm not close to my boat for a few weeks and this
info would be very helpful in the meantime.

Regards, and happy sailing

John Scott
Wooshkeetaan #26