[Public-List] Season's Greetings and a question about stern tubes

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 15:15:22 PST 2010

FWIW, I replaced my engine last summer, as well as the shaft, stuffing box
and coupler. My stern tube WAS threaded into the bearing housing. The
bearing housing itself had the lower bolt threaded into the fiberglass,
while the upper bolt went all the way through and had a locknut on it.
Unfortunately pictures of the project were NOT taken.

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
S/V Beowulf #488
Manatee Cove Marina Website Webmaster