[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1729, Issue 1

Wcwinslow at aol.com Wcwinslow at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 12:21:10 PST 2010

In a message dated 2/4/2010 3:05:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
public-list-request at lists.alberg30.org writes:

Haven't  heard of anything, but I doubt if there's much use of epoxy
adhesive in  loaded structural  things during boat construction, in today's

fiberglass boats. But, it's certain that it does creep under load, so I
just wouldn't use it to glue highly stressed laminated beams together and
expect them to retain their shape over many years...  Bob

Hey, What's the bum rap on epoxy? I scarfed and glued a  27' hollow  wood
mast with nothing holding it together except epoxy. That was in 1995. You
will agree that a mast gets lots of stress, but nothing has budged  so far.

William C. Winslow