[Public-List] Inspection Plate

Stephen Gwyn gwyn at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sun Feb 14 21:07:49 PST 2010

I drilled and tapped a 3/8" hole in my inspection plate.
I made a stand for the Z-leg out of multiple layers of
plywood, with hole drilled in each and the bolted together.
But I'd rather have an aluminium stand.
When the inspection plate is not in use as a cockpit
table base, I plug the hole with the bolt and two
washers, the bottom washer made of rubber. No water
ever gets in, even when the cockpit drains plug
with leaves and the cockpit is 3 inches deep
with rain water.

Stephen
#495 Quasar

  Stephen Gwyn                 |  Tel: 1-250-363-3136
  Dept. of Physics & Astronomy |  Fax: 1-250-363-0045
  Univ. of Victoria            |  Cell: 1-250-885-6969
  PO Box 3055                  |  E-mail: gwyn at uvastro.phys.uvic.ca
  Victoria, BC  V8W 3P6        |  http://orca.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn