[Public-List] Autohelm ST2000 Question

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 10:49:24 PST 2010

For the ten years I had an A30 I used the old Autohelm 1000 with no complaints.  The 2000 should do well.

That said I would not expect much on a broad reach when it is really blowing from any autopilot.  Even with the super heavy autopilot I have on the current Isa Lei it doesn't help much when doing a lot of yawing.  Any time it is hard to steer by hand, the autopilot will have a harder time.  You can anticipate a swing - the autopilot can't.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

"The most fundamental form of human stupidity is forgetting what we were trying to do in the first place."
Nietzsche